These Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs are the perfect fall dinner. They’re warm and comforting with just enough hint of spice to make you remember the season has changed. But even better is that you can have them on your table in under 30 minutes after coming home from fantastic fall activities! Oh, and they’re paleo, gluten-free and absolutely kid-friendly!
Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs
Whether you love it or hate it, fall is just around the corner! (LEXI CAN YOU WRITE A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT YOU PERSONALLY LOVE ABOUT FALL???)
And this is our quintessential welcome Fall easy 30 minute dinner! For so many of you the welcoming of this season means back from vacations and back to school! This time can be an adjustment, and the last thing you need is to be running around the kitchen making a complicated meal. So we’ve got your covered with these super easy and delicious Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs.
These meatballs are supper easy to prepare and SUPER YUMMY. They’re barely sweet from the apples with a hint of warmth from the allspice. I had to include the sage that’s growing so well from my garden and it was the perfect addition. We opted to pan-sear these first to give a nice caramelized flavor before finishing cooking them in the oven, but feel free to bake them all the way through if you don’t want the extra step.
We like to serve them with butternut squash noodles (or sweet potato noodles) that we quickly sauté up with some garlic and oil. For a more kid-friendly option feel free to serve with some pasta with garlic and olive oil. Either way, they’re just what you’ll want on your table for dinner!
Love this meatball recipe? Check out these others:
Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey (light or dark meat)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (about 5 leaves) fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch allspice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375º and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients and mix until fully combined. Form into 12 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add oil. Add meatballs, taking care to leave enough space in between each and brown meatballs on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to do this step in batches depending on how large your skillet is. (See note)
- Transfer browned meatballs to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven until fully cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165º, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meatballs hot with butternut squash noodles or pasta.
- Although we love the caramelized apple due to the extra step of browning these meatballs, you can skip this step and just bake in the oven. Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until the meatballs have fully cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165º.
Loading nutrition data…