This Detox Smoothie Freezer Pack is one of my favorites! A delicious make-ahead smoothie that is full of cleansing whole foods like pineapple, celery, cucumber, chia seeds, honey and lemon to nourish your body and assist with detox. This easy and healthy smoothie is the perfect start to your day.
We are on week 4 of our Make-Ahead Freezer Smoothie Pack series! If you are a long-time reader of mine, you know that I believe that food can play a big part in not only keeping the body healthy, but also healing the body. This Detox Smoothie Freezer Pack is the end of a series of 4 nutritionally-minded smoothies packs that target specific health benefits. For the finale we’ll do a round-up and a bonus guide to making 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs that are budget friendly!
This week we’re talking about how important it is to eat foods that naturally assist your body with detoxing!
Toxins are EVERYWHERE in our environment and unfortunately in the foods we eat. Our liver and kidneys naturally do a great job at detoxing, but it is also helpful to include foods that assist the body in detoxing. I have personally dealt with a lot of bloating throughout my gut healing journey so we wanted to incorporate some cleansing and de-bloating ingredients into this smoothie!
Best Detox and Cleansing Foods
Luckily there are a lot of of foods that assist in detoxing! Some popular ones are teas, citrus and seeds. Today in our smoothie we’re using pineapple, celery, cucumber, chia seeds, honey and lemon!
Check out the rest of the make-ahead smoothie freezer pack series:
Detox Smoothie Freezer Packs
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 stick celery, chopped in to 4 pieces
- 2″ piece of cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup coconut water (more as needed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
To Make Freezer Packs:
- Place all ingredients except coconut milk and coconut water into a freezer safe bag. Freeze until ready to use, up to 1 month.
- Combine all ingredients, including coconut milk and coconut water in a high speed blender.
- Blend until creamy, adding additional coconut water if necessary.
Loading nutrition data…