This easy Coffee Banana Smoothie Recipe is the perfect creamy and flavorful smoothie to add to your morning routine! It uses leftover coffee or cold brew, and is dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and SO delicious.
Coffee Banana Smoothie
Looks like summer is here and I am certainly ready! I started off my day with a refreshing shake that contains my morning coffee, protein, and healthy fats (don’t be afraid of fats, you guys!). Oh, and it was DELICIOUS.
This smoothie is a hit with everyone who makes it! To build a perfect smoothie, you want it to be nutrient dense, creamy, and not super thin.
For other healthy smoothie recipes, try these favorites:
Watch the video:
Vanilla Coffee Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed organic coffee or cold brew, place in fridge for 10 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Optional: 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
- Optional: Handful of ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Taste and add additional sweetener if needed.
- *If your shake isn’t thick enough for your liking, add the optional ice.
- **Photos updated April, 2017.
Loading nutrition data…