This Sheet Pan Chorizo and Egg Bake is probably my new favorite breakfast. It’s hearty, packed with the perfect amount of spice, and made easy with only one pan. It’s gluten-free and paleo-friendly and the perfect breakfast everyone will enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chorizo and Egg Bake
Sheet pan cooking for breakfast or brunch tends to be overlooked, but it is such an easy way to get a meal on the table at any time of day. We love this one for it’s unique Mexican inspired flavors that makes for a really great brunch.
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! Most recipes require different cooking times, so make sure to use a timer so you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when your adding anything in to the oven.
- Do the prep ahead of time: Cut vegetables, make sauce or mix spices the night before or that morning if you are looking to speed up the process when it comes time for the actual cooking.
- Use parchment paper to make clean up a breeze.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
Sheet pans for the win! This hands-off cooking method makes getting a delicious meal on the table simple and the clean up is a breeze. We just love that utilizing the sheet pan allows for unattended cooking, giving us EXTRA time in our busy lives.
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
Sheet Pan Spicy Chorizo and Egg Bake
- 1 medium yellow potato, diced to 1/2″
- 1 small sweet potato, diced to 1/2″
- 1 onion, diced to 1/2″
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1-15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 fully-cooked chorizo sausages
- 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl combine diced potato, sweet potato, onion, avocado oil, and all spices. Toss to combine and pour onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and add beans to potato mixture and using a spoon combine on the pan. Move the mixture to one side of the sheet pan add the whole chorizo sausage to the other. Return to oven for 10 minutes. (see note)
- Remove from oven and create four small divots in potatoes to crack the eggs. Crack eggs in the divots and return to oven to bake for 8-10 minutes. Bake until eggs are cooked for desired texture. 8 minutes are soft runny yellow yolks. 10 minutes for more fully baked eggs.
- If you prefer to slice up the chorizo and bake the slices instead of the whole chorizo you can do that at this step.
- Omit beans for Whole30 and Paleo.
Loading nutrition data…