This Sheet Pan Cod with Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce is the ultimate Spring or Summer meal with perfectly cooked lemon herb cod, tender veggies, and a delicious green sauce. It’s the ultimate sheet pan fish dish everyone will love!
Sheet Pan Cod with Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
This sheet pan fish dish is a light and quick weeknight dinner you can get on the dinner from start to finish in just over a half an hour with minimal clean up! Sheet pan dinners are the best because they minimize clean up by utilizing one cooking vessel and they make cooking hands off. This sheet pan dinner is low carb for a nice light meal that is still going to leave you satisfied because it is packed with flavor and loaded with fresh, in-season vegetables.
The green herb sauce is made of few different herbs and aromatics with a punch of acidity thanks to the lemon that makes this dish really stand out!
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! Most recipes require different cooking times, so make sure to use a timer so you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when your adding anything in to the oven.
- Do the prep ahead of time: Cut vegetables, make sauce or mix spices the night before or that morning if you are looking to speed up the process when it comes time for the actual cooking.
- Use parchment paper to make clean up a breeze.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
I love using cod over Tilapia since cod is almost always farm-raised. Farm-raised fish have been found to have high concentrations of antibiotics and pesticides so I try to avoid them and buy wild fish that I can trust!
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
Sheet Pan Lemon and Herb Cod and Green Veggies
- 1 lb. green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, divided
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, cleaned and picked
- 1/2 cup cilantro, cleaned and picked
- 1/4 cup dill, cleaned
- 1 scallion
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large zucchini, diced to 1/2″ thick slices
- 2 lb. wild caught cod, cut into 4 even pieces
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- On a rimmed baking sheet combine green beans, onion, 6 garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons avocado oil, 1 teaspoon fine sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make lemon in herb sauce: In a blender combine 2 cloves garlic, parsley, cilantro, dill, scallion, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and blend until combined. Set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and add sliced zucchini with green bean mixture and combine. Clear space in the middle of the sheet pan to add the fish. Place fish on sheet pan and lightly drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Return to oven and continue to bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through. (See note)
- Drizzle cooked fish and vegetables with lemon herb sauce and garnish with lemon slices!
- You can tell a fish is cooked through by sticking a thin knife in the center. The fish is fully cooked when there is no resistance when inserting the knife or the fish reaches a temperature of 145ºF in the center.
Loading nutrition data…