This easy Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata recipe is made with a delicious lemon caper sauce and is the perfect meal for the lemon lovers in your life! It’s made in less than 30-minutes and made in one skillet!
Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
This gluten-free and paleo chicken piccata recipe with lemon, capers, and fresh herbs is one of my favorite weeknight meals EVER. It’s perfectly cooked with an amazing sauce, and comes together so easily in only one-pan.
My friend Carissa LOVES Chicken Piccata and orders it everywhere, so I was on a mission to make a version that even the chicken piccata connoisseur would love!
What to serve with chicken piccata:
Want other gluten-free chicken recipes? Try these favorites:
Watch the video:
- Place arrowroot flour in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in the arrowroot flour, shaking off the excess flour. Transfer to a plate.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add chicken to skillet, working in batches if needed, to brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Add more oil between batches if necessary.
- Once chicken has finished, turn heat down to medium and add shallot and garlic to skillet and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, broth, capers, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits and stirring to combine.
- Turn down heat to simmer and add back chicken, cooking until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley, taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- If more sauce is desired to serve over pasta, double ingredients for sauce.
- Can sub ghee instead of butter!
Loading nutrition data…