This healthy Taco Chicken Salad recipe is the perfect switch up from your classic chicken salad recipe. All the taco flavors you love, made into a great meal prep lunch recipe. Gluten-free and paleo-friendly, and a perfect, kid-friendly chicken salad!
Taco Chicken Salad
This chicken taco salad recipe is a perfect spin on my favorite lunch. I made chicken salad weekly on Sundays for our meal prep to have for the next few days for lunch, and I simply love this spin on a classic chicken salad.
Serve this chicken salad over a salad, as lettuce wraps, in tortillas, as sandwiches, and so many other ways! It’s versatile, packed with veggies and protein, and a great lunch to prepare ahead of time!
How many days can you keep homemade chicken salad?
I like to keep my homemade chicken salad for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator!
Want other chicken salad recipes? Try these:
Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
- 2 cups shredded chicken (see notes)
- 1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pickled jalepeño, finely diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, finely sliced
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except mayo and taco seasoning and combine.
- In a small bowl mix together mayo and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and add to chicken mixture.
- Serve immediately or place in containers in refrigerator for later.
- For even more convenience, use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Want to make your own shredded chicken? Follow this recipe!
- Omit beans for Whole30 Compliant.
Loading nutrition data…