This Sheet Pan Ginger Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash makes the perfect weeknight dinner that’s healthy, delicious and easily made all on one pan in under 30 minutes!
You guys it really doesn’t get much easier than this!
I’ve shared several sheet pan recipes before, but I just love them! Nothing is better in my opinion than your whole entire dinner baked on one single pan that’s easy to clean up and super convenient, especially for those busy weeknights. This recipe is FULL of flavor and the crisp, tender veggies make you question if you’re even eating healthy….they’re just THAT good. This recipe makes about 4 large servings or 6 smaller ones so plan to have some delicious leftovers the next day too!
Sheet pan dinners are also really convenient for meal prep! Not only are they a total timesaver (AND lifesaver I should add), but you can customize them any way you like. Trust me, this sauce tastes great on EVERYTHING so go crazy and make this to your liking! Although I must say, the maple flavors in this sauce are a must with butternut squash so I strongly urge you to try this 🙂
To make the sauce, I used a combination of soy sauce, maple syrup and fresh ginger along with some red pepper flakes for heat and a little fresh thyme. The result was sweet and savory chicken thighs with perfectly roasted veggies that had a delicious caramelization on them from the maple syrup! You could also easily make this recipe into a simple stir fry using chopped chicken breasts instead of thighs.
But I must say I DO love cooking with chicken thighs because they just have SO much flavor! Chicken breasts tend to get slightly dried out when baking them on a sheet pan, but these thighs stayed super juicy and delicious.
I actually snagged these air chilled (yes AIR CHILLED) boneless, skinless chicken thighs at my local Safeway from their new Open Nature® line and was super impressed with their high quality and affordable price! Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken is a brand new product recently released and is genuinely different chicken because all the chickens are fed a proprietary flaxseed-based diet (that means higher in omega-3’s and 40% lower in cholesterol guys!), no antibiotics are used and they are all cage free. Then the chickens are individually processed with purified air giving you delicious mouthwatering flavor!
Doesn’t that look delicious??
The other great thing about this whole meal is that it really cooks in no time at all. About 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes in the oven. That’s it! Super easy clean-up with delicious leftovers you can enjoy the next day 🙂
I hope you all enjoy this simple weeknight dinner as much as we did! If you want more sheet pan dinner ideas, check out my sesame chicken and veggies, this ginger soy glazed salmon or even this lemon rosemary chicken and potatoes! All are tried and true staples in our home and this ginger maple chicken is definitely a new favorite!
Ginger Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the squash, brussels sprouts and onion to a large sheet pan and toss with olive oil, mixing well.
- Then place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies and season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all ingredients and brush sauce generously over each chicken thigh, reserving the rest for later.
- Bake chicken and veggies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the juices have run clear and veggies are nice and tender. Feel free to turn the broiler on for a few minutes if you like your veggies crispier!
- Brush reserved marinade over top of the chicken and veggies, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + ⅔ cup veggies • Calories: 255 • Fat: 7.3 g • Saturated Fat: 0.5 g • Carbs: 22.4 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Protein: 24 g • Sugars: 12.9 g • WW Freestyle Points: 5
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.