These Moroccan Chermoula Carrots are made with perfectly cooked tender carrots that are tossed in a flavorful and easy chermoula sauce! They are a delicious and easy carrot side dish recipe to accompany any meal. We made this dish in our cooking class in Morocco and fell in love with this carrot salad/side dish! This carrot salad is Whole30-compliant, vegan, paleo-friendly, and easy-peasy!
Moroccan Chermoula Carrots
If you read our Morocco recap, you may have seen the amazing pictures from our trip! One of the things we loved the most was a cooking class we took at Riad Fes in Fes. We had the best time making dishes like this Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula, these Moroccan Carrots, Tagine, and so much more!
This sauce is incredible and SO EASY TO PREPARE. It would be amazing as a chicken marinade, too! It’s backed with nutrient-dense herbs and fresh olive oil and is so yummy!
Carrots are a great healthy vegetable, high in vitamin A and low in calories. Beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A in the body, and is great for things like good vision! One medium carrot contains only 25 calories, though they do have natural sugar making them higher in carbs than many other vegetables.
What food goes well with carrots?
I love serving this side dish along with steak, chicken, or fish!
Mike Cooking the dish in Morocco!
- 8 medium carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Wash the carrots and remove the skin and cut into slices after cooking in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Check for doneness, carrots should be firm but not too crunchy.
- Drain and wash with cold water. Drain again.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots with mixture. Chill and serve.
Recipe from Riad Fes
Loading nutrition data…
If you like this carrot side dish, try this Moroccan Eggplant dish also from our trip coming on Friday!