When we were in Morocco and took a cooking class at Riad Fes, we made this Moroccan Eggplant (with Chermoula) appetizer that blew our minds! This Moroccan eggplant recipe is easy to make, has so much flavor, and is SO SO delicious. The perfect Moroccan starter! Plus, the chermoula with roasted peppers would be fabulous on fish, meat, or chicken, too!
Moroccan Eggplant (with Chermoula)
If you read my Morocco recap, you know we had the most magical trip. We loved the culture, the people, and of course, the food. When the amazing chef from Riad Fes said I could share a few recipes from our cooking class with you, I was SO excited. We had a blast in the kitchen cooking up all sorts of traditional Moroccan dishes and I am so excited to share some of them with you!
This is Mike holding the plate of our Moroccan Eggplant sliders that we made during the class!
This roasted red bell pepper is the perfect addition to this delicious chermoula.
This chermoula is made with fresh herbs, good quality olive oil, roasted red bell pepper, and all the fresh Moroccan flavors we have come to love and cherish since our trip. I love this sauce on top of chicken, meat, and fish. It’s simply perfect, and easy to prepare! Enjoy!!
Moroccan Eggplant With Chermoula
- 3 small/medium-sized eggplants
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Avocado oil, for frying
- Cut the eggplant into 3/4-inch slices. Add a little salt to disgorge. Fry the eggplant slices in some hot avocado oil until both sides are golden.
- Put the red pepper in the oven on broil for ten minutes, or over an open flame on the stove-top tossing for a few minutes until the skin blackens. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam for a few minutes. Peel the pepper to remove the skin and keep only the flesh. Finely chop the pepper.
- In a bowl, grate the garlic, chop the parsley and coriander very finely, add the olive oil, lemon juice and spices, chopped peppers and marinate.
- Spread the marinade on a face of each slice of eggplant. Serve!
Loading nutrition data…