This recipe is one of my most popular paleo recipes for good reason! It is the BEST paleo bread recipe. These ultimate paleo sandwich rolls are ones that everyone will love. They are gluten-free, grain-free, fluffy, sliceable, and TOTALLY BREAD-LIKE with the best texture! Plus, they are simple to prepare!
How to make paleo bread
I’ve been thinking about bringing paleo-friendly bread and rolls to LCK for some time now. But I knew before I did that I needed to make sure they fit specific criteria. They need the right flavor and fluffy, soft, air-y, bread-like texture. You see, I’ve never bothered buying gluten-free breads in the store. I never thought it was worth it because I always felt they were dense, not the right flavor, etc.
Paleo Bread Recipe Video:
My ‘Everything Bagel’ Cauliflower Rolls are a huge hit around the web. But let’s be real, just like cauliflower pizza crusts, they are still cauliflower. They can’t really taste like pizza (or bread). So I bring you: The Ultimate Paleo Sandwich Rolls. Trust me.
Can you see that texture? Easy, breezy sandwich rolls. Trust me!
Other Paleo Bread recipes:
How to use the bread:
What kind of bread can you eat on the Paleo diet?
Making this homemade bread is easy and kid-friendly! Paleo bread is different from gluten free bread because often on the paleo diet most grains are avoided. So gluten-free breads made with gluten-free flours like rice flour, teff flour, and corn meal would not be considered paleo bread! I like using this combination of almond flour and tapioca flour as it creates the most legit paleo bread, and gluten-free I’ve ever tried!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and dash of sea salt.
- Add in eggs and apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Place round molds or large mason jar lids on a baking sheet and grease well.
- Pour batter into molds until almost at the top, a little less.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean*
- Let cool slightly, slice in half, and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Baking time might vary slightly based on how thin or thick you make your rolls
- I use round molds or mason jar lids, and it yields 4 fluffy sandwich rolls. See the comments for how readers have adapted!
- Updated 2/2017. I used to add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or palm shortening but don’t find it necessary for the texture so it has been removed.
Total Carbohydrate 17.3g
Loading nutrition data…