These Garlicky Blistered Green Beans recipe from my cookbook are a once-a-week type of side dish and certainly perfect for a holiday meal! Crispy, flavorful garlic and greens cooked just right. Made in one pan, they start on the stove-top in an oven-safe skillet, then head into the oven for the perfectly blistered green beans!
These green beans are the perfect holiday side dish! I wanted to share them with all of you, because they are easy to prepare, nutritious, and SO delicious. I love the blistered green beans with all of the crispy, fragrant garlic! If you’re looking for the perfect holiday or weeknight veggie, look no further!
What are the benefits of green beans?
The fiber content is very high in green beans! They provide some of your daily protein requirements, and they also act as an easy source for acquiring vitamins like A, C, K, B6, and folic acid.
Serve this side dish with these main dishes:
Like this side dish? Try these other great side dishes:
From my cookbook, I love serving them with Nanny’s Potted Chicken and the Braised Short Ribs!
Watch the video:
Garlicky Blistered Green Beans
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the ghee for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until flagrant, stirring to avoid burning.
- Add the green beans and sauté, mixing often, for about 10 minutes, until fork tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and turn the broiler to high.
- Place the skillet into the oven and broil the green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly crispy and browned, watching to avoid burning.