Delicious Grain-Free Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes topped with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting make the perfect fall dessert that is fun, festive and made with ingredients you can feel good about eating!
As most of you know, fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year because of how fun and festive it is, but let’s be honest, it’s mostly because of all the PUMPKIN recipes I get to make! Recently I got together with my close friends and their kids for a day at the pumpkin patch full of hay rides, corn mazes and LOTS of apple cider so I wanted to make a dessert to share that everyone could enjoy. Let me tell you…these Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting were a HUGE hit! Not only did the kids love them, but they were the perfect sweet treat to end a fun-filled day.
The best part about these grain-free cupcakes is definitely the flavor! A delicious combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spices all mixed with a creamy maple-flavored frosting. Now if that doesn’t get you excited for fall I don’t know what will!
To sweeten my cupcakes I usually like to use about a 1/2 cup of sugar or maple syrup, but for this recipe I swapped out half of the brown sugar I would typically use with Stevia In The Raw® which ended up tasting delicious! Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag is a zero-calorie sweetener that is perfect to use when baking because it actually measures cup for cup with sugar (no confusing conversions necessary!) giving you the same amount of sweetness without all those extra calories. I still wanted to keep half of the brown sugar in these cupcakes though to achieve the proper browning, rising and caramelization that only sugar can provide in baked goods while still lightning these up.
The sweet taste of Stevia In The Raw® comes straight from the leaves of the stevia plant and also comes in these conveniently packaged, re-sealable bakers bags that can easily be stored right in your pantry. I also want to note that these bakers bags are nice and BIG too so you can really get a ton of use out of one single bag!
You guys I can’t tell you how ridiculously easy these cupcakes are to make, and with Halloween right around the corner, they would make the perfect addition to your party, work event or even just a fun dessert to enjoy while passing out candy. I promise your kids will have a blast adding on fun sprinkles and you can even make them festive using Halloween-themed colors. Here’s a tip: add a couple drops of orange food coloring to your cream cheese frosting while it’s mixing to make orange frosted cupcakes!
I usually make the maple cream cheese frosting right after the cupcakes come out of the oven. You really want to make sure the cupcakes are nice and cool before topping with frosting because otherwise they’ll become a gooey mess. To mix up the frosting simply combine the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract in the bowl of your stand mixer and whip on high until creamy yet still firm. If you like to use piping bags to frost your cupcakes, you’ll want your frosting a bit firm, but if you prefer a smoother, creamier frosting feel free to add a teaspoon or two of almond milk when mixing. There really is no wrong way to do this so have fun and make these all your own!
I really hope you all enjoy these delicious grain-free pumpkin spiced cupcakes and don’t forget to tag Eat Yourself Skinny on Instagram or Twitter if you do end up making these!
If you want to know more about Stevia In The Raw® and all the other deliciously sweet In The Raw® products, head on over to their website here or you can easily find Stevia In The Raw® at your local grocery store!
For updates, yummy recipes and MORE, make sure to follow Stevia In The Raw® on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Grain-Free Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Stevia In The Raw®
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 (15 oz) can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 oz) package ⅓ less-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, brown sugar and Stevia In The Raw®. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and pumpkin puree and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix really well until there are no clumps (I like to use a hand-mixer for this mixing for about a minute on high).
- Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 prepared muffin cups with cupcake liners and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, add cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl of your stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer) and whip on high until smooth.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag and frost each cupcake using your favorite tip. Top with sprinkles (if desired) and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Calories: 294 • Fat: 18.9 g • Saturated Fat: 6.1 g • Carbs: 19.7 g • Fiber: 4.3 g • Protein: 10.6 g • Sugar: 10.6 g • WW Points+: 8 • Smart Points: 11
This post is sponsored by Stevia In The Raw®. As always all opinions are 100% my own.