This No-Bean Falafel is such a delicious low-carb and paleo-friendly option that takes just like the real thing! I could eat this flavorful no-bean falafel for every meal!
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, more to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 ℉.
- Add all falafel ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until just combined and until the vegetables are pea sized. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Roll dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil. Once hot, work in batches to pan-fry the falafel just until both sides are browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Use a spatula to press down on each falafel while cooking. Once done, place pan-fried falafel on a plate lined with parchment paper and place back on the parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm to touch.
- While baking, make the Tzatziki sauce!
- Place shredded cucumber in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place coconut milk, lemon juice, dill, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a small mixing bowl.
- Strain the water out of the cucumber. Add the cucumber to the small mixing bowl with the coconut milk mixture. Stir well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desire. Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place falafel in a lettuce wrap with cherry tomatoes and red onion. Drizzle with tzaziki sauce and devour!