This Pecan Popcorn Chicken makes for the perfect kid-friendly snack! Looking for flavor, crispy, tender, and juicy popcorn chicken? This recipe is for you! Made in partnership with the American Pecan Council!
When I think of popcorn chicken, I think of KFC. Though I would certainly not eat that now, I wanted this popcorn chicken recipe to be reminiscent of the crunchy, crispy exterior, with a tender, juicy center! This recipe is just that!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at the American Pecan Council to bring you this recipe!
These chicken nuggets, or popcorn chicken bites, are nutrient-dense, so you’ll feel GOOD about serving these! Pecans are lower in carbs and higher in fiber compared to many other nuts, and they’re among the highest in monounsaturated fats, including the beneficial foleic acid that’s found in olive oil!
Dairy-free, Grain-free, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly! Plus, that Cajun Garlic Dipping Sauce is truly AMAZING.
Egg White Mixture
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, pecan oil, or oil of choice, more as needed for frying
Cajun Garlic Dipping Sauce
1. Mix all ingredients for the pecan mixture in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place arrowroot and egg white mixture in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set next to the three mixing bowls.
4. Place chicken in the egg mixture, dredge in tapioca flour, place back into the egg mixture and then dredge in almond flour mix. Make sure to coat the chicken generously in the almond flour mix.
5. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Splash a drop of water in it, if it sizzles, it is ready to go!
6. Carefully, place the chicken in the hot skillet and fry for about 8-10 minutes, or until outside is golden and no pink remains. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
6. While chicken is cooking, place the cajun garlic dipping sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until just combined. Taste and adjust lemon and spices as necessary. Pour into desired serving cups and set aside until ready to eat.
7. Serve warm!
*Bake the chicken poppers instead of frying!
Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to the top rack of the oven and broil on high for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the outside is golden.
This post is sponsored by the American Pecan Council. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!