This Mexican Street Corn Salad is my new summer salad obsession! So much flavor, and simple to prepare. It will be a BBQ staple all season long. It’s naturally gluten-free and made with the option for cheese, making it dairy-free if you want it to be!
Let’s keep with tradition and grill up our corn! Perfectly fresh grilled corn is SO GOOD.
Now to get the kernels off, this way works…
But this way works much better!
Get those kernels off the cob, mix up the delicious sauce, mix together, and devour!
I used to not eat much corn. Not because I couldn’t digest it well, I can digest it decently, but because so much of it is genetically modified. Did you know corn is one of the most GMO crops? NOW I get my corn from my local farmers and feel GOOD about it. Plus, local fresh corn is so so so good. I’ll take it all summer long, please!
I can’t get enough of this salad. It’s easy to make and a different fun way to serve up your corn. A little bit of creaminess, a little tang, and a lot of fresh! Serve them up as a side for anything, but may I suggest this epic tostada?
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Wrap corn in individual pieces of tinfoil with 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each foil.
- Place on grill for 15 minutes, turning every 3 or so minutes. After 15 minutes, remove tin foil and let cook until slightly charred.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Cool enough to cut the corn.
- Cut kernels off of the cob and place into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over corn, garnish, and serve.
For the Mexican Street Corn Tostadas:
1 batch homemade tortillas or store-bought tortillas (my favorite)
1 batch refried black beans
1 batch guacamole
In a greased skillet over medium heat, place tortilla and cover until crispy, tossing after 30 seconds to 1 minute. Make your refried black beans and guacamole. Pile them up and enjoy!
*Depending on how large your corn is, add more mayo and salt as desired. This dish should be on the creamer side.