If you are looking for a simple side-dish to feed a crowd for weekend BBQing or a great on-the-go lunch, this Cold Asian Noodle Salad is perfect! Simply chop up all of the veggies, mix together the sauce, add in some rice noodles and BOOM. Your Summer salad is complete.
All the veggies! They add a great crunch and beautiful colors. This salad will be on repeat for every summer gathering! Mark my words!
Add some optional chicken to take this from a side dish to a hearty main!
- Rice noodles, cooked based on package instructions
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 purple cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- optional: shredded rotisserie chicken
- optional edamame
- optional: add peanuts
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until combined. Set aside.
- Toss chopped veggies, rice noodles, cilantro, and sesame seeds into a medium mixing bowl. Add in chicken if using. Pour in sauce and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve cold topped with scallions and peanuts if using.