This Sausage and Spring Vegetable Pasta is my go-to gluten-free dish for a quick weeknight meal or for entertaining. It’s delicious, serves a crowd, is easy to prepare, and is made using only ONE POT!
My blogging girlies and I are excited for SPRING, so we’ve teamed up to bring you five recipes packed with our favorite Spring produce. You have carrots, potatoes, leeks, broccoli, asparagus, spinach, strawberries, peas, and radishes!
Lee from Fit Foodie Finds made you Grain Free Waffles with Homemade Strawberry Jam
Looking for an all-purpose grain free waffle that tastes like the real deal? You are going to swoon over these almond flour waffles made with an almond flour + coconut flour base topped with a homemade strawberry chia compote! They’re paleo, gluten free, and meal-prep friendly!
This Seasonal Pan Roast is packed with Leeks, Potatoes, and Steamed Greens! Super flavorful, healthy, and easy to make in one pan! A paleo/vegan side dish perfect for any gathering. Whole 30 friendly!
Wake up to dessert for breakfast with these protein packed, gluten free carrot cake overnight oats! They’re an easy, healthy breakfast for under 300 calories!
Citrus infused creamy arborio rice is tossed with fresh spring peas and meyer lemon dijon roasted radishes. Topped with crumbly bacon and freshly grated parmesan, this is risotto is spring comfort food at its best!
Now, this pasta!
I always make this dish when entertaining. Super Bowl, a dinner party, or just having friends or family over. It’s always a hit, and super easy to prepare!
Sausage and Spring Vegetable Pasta
package gluten-free pasta
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
cloves garlic, minced
raw spicy chicken sausage links
cups broccoli florets
cups fresh spinach
Fine sea salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Optional: 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, make pasta as directed on the box/bag of pasta you are using.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add in broccoli and asparagus and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes until fork tender. To speed up the time, add 2 teaspoons of water and cover the pot.
- Remove the casing from the sausage and add to the pot. Cook until no pink remains.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add the pasta into the pot, add remaining olive oil, and salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and parmesan if adding. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Serve hot!