Classic Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 vanilla bean, scraped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- Melt chocolate using the double boiler method.
- Once chocolate has melted, add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, honey, espresso powder, and a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beet egg whites on high until you reach a stiff peak.
- Pour chocolate mixture into beaten egg mixture. Using a stand mixer, beat the entire mixture for about 20 seconds, until chocolate is smooth and creamy looking, or just until blended (you want to avoid over mixing the egg whites).
- Let set for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve!
- 1. Before you place the chocolate mousse mixture in the fridge to set, it might look really thin. This is okay! Once it sets in the fridge, it will firm up and look creamy, airy, and delicious.
- 2. If the chocolate mixture hardens while you are beating the egg whites, place back over the double boiler until melted again.
Lexi’s Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/