I woke up the other day craving a slice of honey oat toast. I didn’t have the time or energy to deal with a yeasted bread, so I took one of my current favorite bread recipes, my Cranberry Banana Quinoa Bread, made some tweaks and turned it into this.
A semi-sweet, perfectly tender honey oatmeal banana bread that just so happens to be super healthy too!
It’s sweetened with a blend of coconut sugar, bananas and honey, and uses four nutrient-dense flours for its base. Inside we’ve got protein-rich quinoa flour, almond flour which is full of healthy fats, oat flour which is high in fiber and flaxseed meal which contains omega-3 fatty acids. AND it only uses one tablespoon of oil!
And the best part? It’s a honey oatmeal bread that you can make in less than an hour!
Unlike yeasted breads, this quick bread is actually quick to make. It gets its lift from a combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda, as well as eggs. That makes it a bit more friendly on the gut, but still light and fluffy.
A thick slice of this bread is the perfect way to start your day!
You guys already know I like to slice up my whole loaf, freeze the sliced individually, and then I can just pull a few out when I’m ready for some brekkie.
For serving, I like to toast mine up, spread it with a little creamy peanut butter (or my maple cinnamon nut butter), then drizzle it with a touch more honey. It’s simple, fast and super nutritious. It’ll fill you up, give you a nice little energy boost and leave you feeling fueled all morning long!
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Banana Bread
Author: Alyssa Rimmer
Serves: 14 slices
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until the batter comes together. Fold in the oats.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 10 – 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve slightly reheated (or toasted) with peanut butter and honey!
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 150 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 16.7 Sugar: 7 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 5.3
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Download Your Free Guide
Want more quinoa bread recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!