Happy (almost) Halloween!!
You are seriously going to looove these super moist chocolate chip skillet brownies! They have the same great taste as your favorite chocolate brownies, but without any flour, butter or oil! Now I’ll be the first one to admit that I was probably THE most skeptical person when it came to using “black beans” as the base for brownies. I’m sorry, but that just sounded disgusting to me…..I’m totally with you. But low and behold, just like when sneaking in those avocados in these delicious cupcakes or my favorite pudding recipe, chocolate totally wins again and magically overpowers any other flavor leaving you with moist, gooey brownies! Seriously people don’t knock these until you try them, I was super impressed and so was the hubs! If anyone was going to turn their nose up to “black bean brownies” it would be him and well…I didn’t tell him the ingredients…and he
ate devoured two.
I also love that these are insanely easy to make so you really can’t lose by giving them a try! Just throw everything into your food processor, press the ON button, then pour the entire gooey chocolatey mixture into your skillet and throw it in the oven. BOOM done. Seriously it’s that easy. And hey if you don’t like them, just bring them over to me – I will gladly take them off your hands, but I have a feeling that won’t be an issue since you’ll probably devour them in one sitting. If you don’t have a skillet then an 8×8 pan will work just fine! These skillet black bean brownies also make a fun Halloween dessert idea (hence the spider web I was attempting to create) that is perfect if you’re looking for healthier alternatives for your next Halloween party.
Can you believe Halloween is already right around the corner?! I mean I guess you wouldn’t think it since it has been in the upper 80’s this whole week in Virginia, but I feel like this month has just gone by so fast! Halloween always kicks off the beginning of all my favorite holidays so basically I’ll be putting my tree up before you know it and wrapping all my Christmas gifts. But let’s focus on one holiday at a time…
For more delicious Halloween recipes, check out THIS post from last year where you can find lots of fun ideas!
Moist Chocolate Chip Skillet Brownies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- White chocolate drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse beans until mashed then add eggs, yogurt, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt, processing until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips and pour brownie mix into a greased skillet or 8×8 baking pan. Bake brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- To make the spider web: after your brownie has cooled, cut a small slit at the tip of a plastic baggy or piping bag and add melted white chocolate. Slowly pipe lines onto the brownie and allow chocolate to set.
Serving Size: 1 brownie • Calories: 93 • Fat: 1.7 g • Saturated Fat: 0.7 g • Carbs: 15.5 g • Fiber: 2.7 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Sugar: 8.4 g • WW Points+: 2 • Smart Points: 4